What is the Zentangle method?
“The Zentangle Method is an easy to learn, fun and relaxing way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.”
The Zentangle® Method was created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. “Zentangle” is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. You can read more about Rick and Maria’s story on their official website https://zentangle.com/
I was attracted to the decorative style of this type of art as it was similar to doodles I had already been creating. My patterns were simple and not terribly imaginative but I soon learned more complex patterns through the zentangle method and used layering of these patterns to create very interesting pieces of art.
I became a Certified Zentangle teacher in June 2018 and I’m excited to share my knowledge of this art with others.
For information on classes at my studio – Glenreagh NSW or in the Coffs Harbour District click here.
- Zentangle® Inspired Art for beginners – 7 Tips to make shading easier
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – scratch lottery ticket
- Tangle on Glass – Glass Engraving for beginners
- Tangle with watercolour pencils
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Composition
- Zentangle ® Inspired Art – Valentine’s Day Flexagon
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Draw a cute Owl
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Procreate for Beginners
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Shading with coloured pencils
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Tangle on Black
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – 3D Flower
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Pop up Easter Card
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Down the Rabbit Hole
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Deconstructing Patterns
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Finding inspiration
- Zentangle® Inspired Art – Faux Embossed Metal
- Tangle with Tracy Anne – Crazy Huggins, Mooka and Flux
- Tangle with Tracy Anne – Swirls
- Tangle with Tracy Anne – Geometric Patterns and Alcohol markers
Tangle step outs
Click here to see the step outs (step by step instructions) for tangles that I have designed.
To see some of my Zentangle inspired art click here