Silk painting weekend workshops for small groups are available at my home studio in Glenreagh and soon will be made available at other venues in the Coffs Harbour Region.
For more information contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 0432 062 164
Weekend or Two Day Workshop
No prior knowledge needed. This is a beginners course.
What you will learn:
- How to stretch silk onto a frame to prepare it for the painting process
- How to apply gutta as a resist method
- How silk paints and dyes behave on the silk and how to control them as well as how to use the natural properties of this technique to your advantage
- The painting process
- preparing the silk for steam setting
- The steaming process
- mounting your painting on core board and matting ready for framing
What you will create to take home:
- A hand painted silk scarf
- a small mounted and matted silk painting with frame.
Cost: $240 for a two day workshop (materials and equipment included) Morning and afternoon tea provided. Lunch not included but you can take advantage of the local businesses:
- Golden Dog Hotel
- Glenreagh General Store
- Glenreagh Bakery
Or you can bring along a packed lunch.
If there is enough interest and you would prefer to learn silk painting in smaller 2 1/2 hour sessions over a 4 week period. This can be arranged. Just contact me to express your interest.